The Conference on Railway Excellence (CORE) is hosted by the Railway Technical Society of Australasia (RTSA). The RTSA is a joint Technical Society of Engineers Australia and Engineering New Zealand, formed to further the interests of the railway industry at large and its individual participants. The RTSA is a non-profit organisation which was established in 1997 for the purpose of promoting the co-operation of academic, industrial, commercial and governmental organisations in relation to the practice and advancement of railway technology and management in Australasia.
The activities of the RTSA are directed towards providing leadership in the facilitation and coordination of professionalism in the railway industry, and the encouragement of member contributions to the application of railway technology and good management practices. The objectives of the RTSA are to stimulate the active contribution and participation of its members in the development and dissemination of railway technology and management knowledge; to support the business of the railway industry; to provide for the continuing professional development of its members; and to promote close working relationships amongst participants in the railway industry.
Currently there are six Chapters across Australia and New Zealand established under the RTSA umbrella. All chapters run programs that not only address topical railway issues but provide the opportunity for joint meetings with other similar groups in the industry.
Aims of RTSA
- Promote technological and management excellence in the railway industry;
- Represent the considered opinions of its membership;
- Stimulate the active contribution and participation of its members in the development and dissemination of railway technology and management knowledge, so to support the business of the railway industry;
- Provide for the continuing professional development of its members;
- Strengthen and enhance the competence of its members;
- Promote close working relationships amongst participants in the railway industry;
- Establish linkages at an international level to enable members to benefit from international exchanges;
- Promote education, research, development and information dissemination within the railway industry.
CORE 2020 Organising Committee Members
Graham Holden – CORE 2020 Conference Chair
Eric Englund – Technical Tours Chair